Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Best Blogs

The best blog I write usually happens - in the shower , while washing dishes, in the garden but never at the computer! The older I get the harder it seems to keep thoughts in my head. LOL and I'm planning to do a programming course this year. Is this wise?
The Boss wants me to do web design - I don't really want to. So that was my compromise. Let's hope it pays off. I need more knitting time not computing time. Just reading a book called
  • Internet Forensic
  • Easy intro into internet/email scams.

    I get the Daily Knitting (see new button) emails but there's a folder full of the ones I haven't had a chance to look at. I love the gallery photos of the same pattern worn by different people. It made me realise that it's not my knitting that's the problem but my sizing. So that's my next thing to do - measure and think about the sizing before I knit the next garment.
    ATM I'm knitting a Tree Top Angel ( bit late or a lot early) but the stitches kept slipping off the steel dpns so I'm using some toothpicks. It works well until they split or roughen up, but they're cheap to change.



    They're arms (in case you couldn't tell : ) The right one was done on the steel and is knobbly , the left on the toothpicks and is much smoother.

    I'm having words with the pattern too. There are bits that just don't add up. Drives me crazy!!
    I've come across a quite a few patterns that either are wrong or talk about the pattern but don't actually write it out. I've got 2 theories, Either I'm not advanced enough or it's a conspiracy so you can't reproduce their design. 1 in particular, an Adelusian pattern book. There were a couple patterns in there that just didn't work - drove me nuts. I thought it was me till I took it to an expert. Luckily I got that at the library. It makes me wary of buying pattern books.
    Happy New Year ,
    huggs Little Ma (Oh and that's official now - Apart from the little creatures, I am the shortest in the house - but I'm the widest too . Does that make up for any height deficiency?

    3 comments:

    Kris said...

    So, you're not overweight, you're underheight! Max and I were just discussing this last night in relation to me!!!

    Yarnsticksbooks said...

    It takes a bit of time to figure ous sizing for your knits. It's not just the sizing, it's deciding on how long you like your knits to sit, how loose or tight.

    I found things started fitting better once I chose a top I already liked the fit of, measured it and now choose whichever size is closest to that.(Unless I want it to fit differently)

    Also read wether the patters says to fit size.........
    or finished size........
    this can be a big difference.

    Replying to comment left on my blog......... Yes I got a lot knit this year, but that is pretty much my only creative outlet. It would seem your household did WAY more exploring in the kitchen :)

    Life's little stuff said...

    Thanks Kris. Underheight right , got it!

    Jess, I'll have to have you on speed dial when I get round to making the CPH
    cheers