Thursday, January 10, 2008

Knitting Bags



Hey
Another hot day. Anything over 40 celsius and I stop listening. I get it . It's hot.
I've just read an article (Knitters Winter 1997)
about cellular automaton knitting and the snakeskin rule where you knit the stitch according to what is on the row below.

ie Look at the 3 stitches in the row below - directly and on either side. If its got exactly 1 B, Knit a B. If it has 0,2,3 of B, Knit an A. (A and B can be colours or knit & purl or lace stitches) anyway I'm trying it out but I think I made a mistake 'cos it ain't workin'. Actually I think , no, I know I need glasses for knitting.

I don't feel like concentrating today. So I thought I'd organise our knitting bags. Favourite ones are the embroidered one and the rhinstoney ones and the Airline giveaway ones ( they come with handy little goodies like hand cream) and ... and ... any bag really. We've even used the plastic shopping bags . Each has a different project. I'd like to hang them up somewhere to make it easy to grab and run. Love to know what everyone's knitting bags are like!

At
  • Chris Knits
  • blog there's a "blessings' at the bottom . I like that idea! I read somewhere you should think of 3 things you're grateful for before you go to sleep even if it's that you're still breathing LOL
    So what am I grateful for? apart from all the obvious - I love being able to watch video/dvds- whenever. Weren't around when I was little. Heck I remember the intro of colour TV! and Itunes. I even got that song 'Convoy" - I loved that growing up!! The boss, kids and I were in stitches trying to sing along . Found an old tape that I had made up as a teenager and it was songs taped from the radio - what a hoot. It was pretty crappy but hey it worked. Yep even though I could kick technology sometimes . Today I love it!

    Short Huggs (as its hot) Little Ma

    1 comment:

    Kris said...

    I'm loving technology too! I love your knitting bags. It would be cool to have them hanging somewhere so you could grab one on the way out! It's funny that you posted about knitting bags, cause I have been contemplating mine. I need to get my projects more organised and more accessable.