Thursday, November 22, 2007

Love my old TV and new socks


As a kid I always wanted to have a TV outside. So I dragged this old TV out of the attic ( It was our first TV from 1980) and it works a treat , except for SBS. We sat outside watching morning shows with our breakfast and in the afternoon - sport. I felt like I was on holiday without the hassle of packing, organising animalcare , getting there blah, blah. Love holidays , hate organising them. We took out some armchairs and footstools. Had shandies, softdrinks and chips. How decadent! I finished my Caspian Sea Socks while enjoying the outdoors and TV.
I used Bendigo machinewashable wool in almond and dyed it using foodcolouring.The original pattern used more traditional colours, I guess, but I wanted to try food colouring and wanted to keep it simple in case I needed more of a color. ( I didn't, had some left over and am trying to make a coloured knitted beret thing with the leftovers - more on that later) I loved the colourwork, the new stitches especially the edge and it was a free pattern from Knitting Daily. There were mistakes in it , some I left , others I fixed. But they fit me , and not anyone else in the family so that makes them mine !
  • Caspian Sea Socks


  • huggs Little Ma

    3 comments:

    Yarnsticksbooks said...

    Those socks have turned out fantastic.

    I love the TV outside idea.

    Thanks for the message about my friend. I am just finding it hard to believe they ae gone.

    Life's little stuff said...

    Thanks , I was pleased as I didn't have 2nd sock syndrome.

    Kris said...

    Your socks are great! Having the tv outside reminds me of garage sales and moving house!!