Monday, March 24, 2008

Wonders of the Industrial World

Hey Happy Easter!

Just watched a show about how they built the Panama Canal. Anyone else catch it? Supposedly one of the 7 Wonders of the Industrial World. The French failed, leaving a great ecological mess. The Americans took over and blasted their way through. I'm still waiting to be suitably impressed. Apparently 20.000 people died while the French tried building it and 5000 when the Americans took over. Okay they did prove that the mozzies were to blame for the yellow fever but have I missed something? People died to make someone else rich - crazy-stupid! I'm going back to my knitting that makes sense most of the time.
Still working on the Fair Isle jumper and some crocheted/felted bags. We're hoping to have a good amount of stuff ready by mid April and set up a stall at Prospect.
One thing I want to do this year is get a bit fitter. and the year did start off well with bike rides etc but since The Boss had surgery I did get a bit slack so today I tried out a Billy Blanks Ab Bootcamp DVD. It was good. Had a lot of AB exercise's while standing which I really liked. It finished just as I was getting bored, which is fantastic. Must have a short attention span. I'd rather garden or do dvd stuff than go to a gym. But my favourite exercise is to dance around the room. Gets your heart pumping and some of those hippy shake moves do wonders for your waist. Doesn't impress the beloveds though - oh well . I know my dancing is cool in my own mind. Who cares what anyone else thinks! Yeah Man, crazy! : )

Huggs Little Ma

No comments: