Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bag Blog

This week has been full of bags.
A friend taught us a trick the other week, one which I thought should be shared. When I use a tea-bag on a string I usually use a teaspoon to pick the tea-bag out of the cup and then wrap the string around to squeeze the water out. But even after doing so it always drips on its way to the bin. So a trick is to lift the tea-bag up by the string so it's out of the tea, then lean it against one side of the cup. Do this three times moving the tea bag from the left to the right. All this is done in a few seconds and will stop the tea-bag from dripping while on the way to the bin or compost bucket. It really does work you'll be surprised.

Our family are big on using wheat bags to keep us warm in winter. Little Ma's bag wore thin and spilled its innards the other week so we got some organic wheat from the health food store to make another. I had some old fabric from a previous project so used that. I made a calico bag first then used the patterned fabric as a pillow cover for the bag. It took me about 45 minutes to start and finish. We're both very pleased with the result.
This is one side and
This is the other.
I had my 17th birthday get-together this week and I was given this wonderful handmade bag from fellow home-schooling friends. They have done some very smart sewing and designing on it. The piccy on the front is one of Tim Tam my dog of nine years. I absolutely love this bag and have been admiring it for days.

Till next time MnM : )

I love my wheat bag. It's so pretty. Thanks MnM.
MnM's bag is so cute. Love all the puppies. It was like opening a Russian Babushka Doll. There's a pocket inside and another bag and choccy Gold Coins! What more can she ask for! We have such wonderfully creative friends. I feel a little bit more inspired to get crafty this week.
Huggs Little Ma

No comments: